Southwest Airlines finds themselves in the news often lately for both bad (ahem, their epic 2022 Christmas meltdown) and good reasons. Here are some of the stories I’ve written about:
– Is This Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant the Friendliest You’ve Ever Seen?
– Taylor Swift Fan Makes Request of Southwest Airlines Pilot and Guess What? He Obliges
– Taylor Swift’s Clever Southwest Airlines Tip For Keeping the Seat Next to You Empty
– Southwest Airlines Passenger Loses It Over Screaming Baby
– Southwest Flight Attendant Livid When Passenger Spills Rice in Airplane Aisle
– HILARIOUS: Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant Has Passengers Laughing and Applauding After Safety Demonstration
– Grab a Tissue: Southwest Airlines Pilot Delivers Emotional Tribute to Veteran’s German Shepherd Service Dog on Her Last Flight
– VIDEO: Saturday Night Live Destroys Southwest Airlines in Hilarious Skit
Fortunately for Southwest, it’s been mostly good news in the last several months, which is obviously great news for them and their customers.
A video that is sure to go viral on social was filmed and posted by a passenger named Anne-Marie with the caption, “Best morning flight ever. This flight attendant was awesome! @SouthwestAir #swa #southwestairlines #happyfriday”
The Friday morning flight announcement appears to begin towards the end of the 29-second video. I was trying to find the flight attendant’s colleague’s video because she’s standing behind the talented flight attendant recording her as she waves her arm in the air while delivering one of the most unique and catchy safety demonstrations you will ever hear.
I transcribed the video embedded below but she’s speaking so fast I might have missed a couple of words so please forgive me or email me so I can edit it:
“We’re on our way so fasten your seatbelt so it’s nice and tight. You better do them good ’cause we’re gonna check if they’re right. Carry-on bags under the seat on the floor or there’s an overhead compartment where they can be stored. Seatback and trays locked up right, pretty soon the crowd will be out of sight. Laptop computers stowed away. Are we ready to go? What do you say? Welcome aboard SWA!”
— Anne-Marie (@mashiamerie) August 26, 2023
Even Southwest’s X (formerly known as Twitter) team, chimed in with: “Welcome onboard, SWA!” Looove this! Thank you so much for sharing Anne-Marie. Please DM your confirmation number so we can share the kudos to the Crew onboard. 💙❤️💛”
What do you think? Would you like to hear these kind of safety demonstrations when you fly or do you prefer the monotonous ones where no one is paying attention?
–8 Ways To Make Sure An Airline Doesn’t Lose Your Bag … And That You Don’t Get Robbed or Stalked
–The Trick For Getting Airport Luggage Carts for Free
–Airline Lost Your Luggage? Do This If You Want to Get Compensated
–Why Frequent Fliers Use Apple AirTags or Samsung SmartTags When They Travel
–An Airline Executive’s Number One Tip for Avoiding Lost Luggage When You Fly