One of my favorite places on earth is Hawaii and I’ve been fortunate to have visited over 20 times. I’ve been to all of the major islands: Oahu (Honolulu and Waikiki Beach), Maui, Kauai, Lanai and Hawai’i (The Big Island). The only island I haven’t visited is Molokai but I hope to by the end of this year.
That might happen sooner rather than later since I just learned that, thanks to a major increase in the number of domestic flights to the Hawaiian Islands, it’s never been more convenient or affordable than it has been in years.
Airlines are scheduled to fly a record 18,800 flights from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii in the first half of 2015, so the airlines have lowered airfares to help fill these additional flights.
The best deals to Hawaii are from the west coast between now and May. Below is a sampling of airfares from major west coast cities to the Hawaiian islands for under $398 round-trip! I’ve also included some incredible package, hotel and cruise deals.
Sample Deals to Hawaii
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani: $149-$166 — Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40% » Most dates through June 10
- Carnival Cruise Line: $909 & up — Hawaii: 11-Night Cruise to 4 Islands*
So why are you still reading this post? You should be online shopping for deals to Hawaii!
And in case you are sticking around to see which island I think is the best, it’s a difficult answer since all the islands are so different and it depends on what you’re looking for. Personally, I almost always visit the island of Oahu and then mix it up by adding a few days on either Kauai, Maui, Lanai or the Big Island for a side trip. Here are some of my recent Hawaii posts:
- How to Travel to Hawaii Cheaply with the New Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard
- 10 Reasons to Fly Hawaiian Airlines to Hawaii
- 12 Reasons to Stay at The Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
- 9 Things to Love About the Royal Hawaiian
- 10 Reasons to Stay at The Modern Honolulu
- 11 Reasons to Stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- 7 Great Restaurants Where Locals Eat in Honolulu
- 31 Reasons to Stay at Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu