This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
As one of the largest hotel loyalty brands in the world, it’s hard to ignore Marriott Bonvoy. With more than 7,000 hotels worldwide, the best Marriott credit cards can help you enjoy more award nights and loyalty perks like late checkout, room upgrades, elite status, and more. While the Marriott credit cards may seem similar, their perks and benefits vary to best meet a variety of needs. Here are some of the best Marriott credit cards in 2023.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Best Marriott Credit Cards
There are several co-brand Marriott credit cards that earn Bonvoy points on every purchase. Additionally, each card caters to different spending and travel habits. We can help you find the best way to earn Bonvoy points and enjoy Bonvoy rewards. Here’s a preview of the best Marriott credit cards.
- 100,000 Points Bonus Offer: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- 95,000 Bonvoy Bonus Offer: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- No Annual Fee: Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card
- Chase Card w/85,000 Bonus: Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Card
- Amex Card w/85,000 Bonus: Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card
- 125,000 Points Welcome Bonus Offer: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- 5x Points on Prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- 60,000 Point Bonus Offer: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card – Best Overall
Why We Like It
- Free night award each card anniversary (up to 35,000 points per night)
- Automatic Silver Elite Status
- Earn up to 17x points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card
- $95 annual fee
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is the best overall card for its reasonable $95 annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, and valuable rewards. For instance, with each card renewal, you get a free night award valid at any Bonvoy property that costs 35,000 points or less. This award is worth more than the $95 annual fee on most nights. There are no foreign transaction fees with this Chase bank-issued card.
Cardholders can also earn rewards on these purchases:
- 17x points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card
- 3x Bonvoy points per $1 spent (on the first $6,000 in combined purchases annually) at grocery stores, gas stations, and on dining
- 2x points on everything else
Additionally, earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
Plus, receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and a path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
Welcome Bonus Offer
There’s an exciting limited-time bonus offer! New Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card cardholders can earn 100,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card – Premium Rewards
Why We Like It
- Free night award each account anniversary (details below)
- Up to $300 annual Marriott Bonvoy statement credit for restaurants worldwide (terms apply)
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card is your premium card option. The most loyal Marriott patrons will benefit the most from this card.
Each card renewal year, get up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
Other featured benefits include 1 Free Night Award (redemption level at or under 85,000 points) annually after your card renewal month at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties (some hotels have resort fees), up to $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a two-night minimum stay using your Card, and complimentary Priority Pass Select airport lounge access.
Additionally, cardholders can enjoy a fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, up to $800 in cellphone protection, and 25 Elite Night Credits toward the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status (terms apply).
- 6x points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- 3x points at restaurants worldwide
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite members earn 50% more points on eligible purchases at participating hotels for each U.S. dollar (or the currency equivalent) that is incurred and paid for by the member.
Each calendar year after spending $60,000 on eligible purchases, Card Members are eligible to select an Earned Choice Award benefit. Benefit options include Five (5) Suite Night Awards, an 85K Free Night Award, and a mattress and box spring $1,000 discount from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques. Certain hotels have resort fees.
Although this card has a $650 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees), it has plenty of benefits that are worth a lot more.
Because American Express issues this card, you won’t be affected by the 5/24 application rule the Chase-issued Marriott credit cards fall under.
Welcome Bonus Offer
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card cardholders can earn 95,000 bonus points after using their new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card – No Annual Fee
Why We Like It
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- Automatic Silver Elite status
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card doesn’t have an annual fee or foreign transaction fee. While you won’t get a free night award, you will have automatic Silver Elite status.
This is the best Marriott credit card for casual travelers who don’t want their Bonvoy points to expire. Making a card purchase at least once every 24 months keeps your point balance active.
You’ll earn up to 14x points per $1 per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®.
Additionally, you’ll earn 2x points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases. Earn 1x point on all other purchases. There is no limit to how many points you can earn with this Chase bank-issued card.
Welcome Bonus Offer
There’s also a limited-time offer! New Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card cardholders can earn 60,000 Bonus Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Card – 125,000 Points Bonus
The information for the Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Why We Like It
- Gold Elite status
- 1,000 bonus points on Marriott stays
- Free Night opportunities
The Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful™ Card is a Chase co-brand card that earns up to 18.5 points for every $1 spent at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy (6x points with Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card, plus up to 10x points from Marriott for being a loyalty member, and up to 2.5x points from Marriott with Gold Elite status).
Your card also earns 4x points per $1 on the first $15,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores and dining, 2x points per $1 spent on other travel purchases, and 2x points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Additionally, enjoy a Free Night Award every calendar year, after $15,000 in spend, valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level of up to 50,000 points. Free Night Awards start at 7,500 points. You can also receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
New cardholders can earn 85,000 Bonus Points after spending $4,000 in purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
The annual fee is $250.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card – 85,000 Points Bonus
Why we like it
- Gold Elite Status
- 15 Elite Night credits each calendar year
- 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points per paid eligible stay booked directly with Marriott Bonvoy
The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card is a lot like the Bonvoy Bountiful Card except this one is from American Express. Cardholders can earn:
- 6x points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®
- 4x points at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets per calendar year, then 2x points)
- 2x points per dollar spent on other eligible purchases
Additionally, cardholders can get 1 Free Night Award after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases on their Card in a calendar year. The award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at a participating hotel; resort fees may apply.
Cardholders will also have access to exclusive American Express offers and experiences as well as Plan It®. Plan It is a payment option that lets you split up purchases of $100 or more into equal monthly installments with a fixed fee. Plus, you’ll still be able to earn rewards the way you usually do while using Plan It.
New cardholders can earn 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy® Bonus Points after they use their new Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card to make $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Additionally, the annual fee is $250, and there are no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card – Business Rewards
Why We Like It
- Gold Elite status
- One free night award for each card anniversary
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program
Your only American Express Marriott business credit card option is the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card.
Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card cardholders can receive 1 Free Night Award annually after their Card renewal month. Plus, they can earn an additional Free Night Award after spending $60k in purchases on their Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
Eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and U.S. purchases for shipping earn 4x points per $1 spent. All other spending earns unlimited 2 points per $1.
Plus, receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when booking directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Welcome Bonus Offer
Limited-time offer! New Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card cardholders can earn 125,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on their new Card within their first 3 months of Card Membership. This offer ends on 05/03/2023.
It has a $125 annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
Learn more: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
The Platinum Card from American Express
Why We Like It
- Flexible point redemption options
- 1:1 Marriott Bonvoy point transfers
- Automatic Gold Elite status
- Up to 5x Membership Rewards® points on select flight and hotel purchases
One of the best Marriott credit cards also comes with other perks and several flexibilities and isn’t just for Marriott purchases. Most people use The Platinum Card® from American Express for its many air travel benefits. However, this card also has two Marriott perks. They include automatic Gold Elite status (enrollment required) and 1:1 point transfers.
Prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel earn unlimited 5x points. So, when paying for Marriott stays through AmexTravel.com, you earn 5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent. Your points are usually worth more when redeemed for award flights instead of hotel nights. Using The Platinum Card from American Express gives you the flexibility of transferring points to your Bonvoy account to book award nights when needed.
Additional Platinum Card Rewards
Cardholders earn 5x Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, and earn 5x Membership Rewards® points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
However, although you don’t get free anniversary nights or Marriott credit, the built-in Gold status and the ability to earn 5x points is a valuable tradeoff.
Cardholders can get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when they pay with your Platinum Card®.
Also, select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Card.
Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review. The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
Welcome Bonus Offer
New The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers can earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $6,000 on purchases on their new Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a Chase travel rewards card that isn’t specific to one hotel and offers flexibility, consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. Additionally, it comes with no foreign transaction fees, travel protection, and the ability to redeem your points for travel rewards.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns unlimited:
- 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Anniversary Hotel Credit)
- 3x points on dining (including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out)
- 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target®, Walmart®, and wholesale clubs)
- Also 3x points on select streaming services
- 2x points on all other travel purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all non-bonus purchases
There is a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit. It comes in the form of a statement credit that will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for hotel accommodation purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards program, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $50.
Additionally, on each account anniversary, you’ll earn bonus points equal to 10% of your total purchases made the previous year. So, if you spend $25,000 on purchases, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
Signup Bonus Offer
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Further, this detailed Chase Sapphire Preferred review can help you decide if this travel rewards card is best for you.
Marriott Credit Cards Signup/Welcome Bonus
If you are a returning Marriott card member, pay attention to the signup/welcome bonus terms and conditions. You will not qualify for the bonus if you currently own a personal Marriott credit card or received a bonus from any personal card in the last 24 months.
Again, you can see the offers to learn more here: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Redeeming Marriott Bonvoy Points
There are many properties to choose from (over 7,000 participating locations worldwide). Some of the best options we like include:
- W Atlanta – Buckhead
- Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
- Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas (Steamboat Springs, Colorado)
- St. Regis Bangkok
You can learn more about redeeming your points here.
In conclusion, having different Marriott credit card options can be overwhelming. However, if you can decide what you want from your card, you can easily narrow it down. Consider how often you stay at Marriott properties and what will earn you the most. Additionally, remember it’s possible to get free nights, accelerated Bonvoy loyalty status, and other Marriott perks that match your travel habits and budget.
See the offers and learn more here: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
- Best American Express Credit Cards For Travel (Big Bonuses, Purchase Rewards)
- What Are The Best Chase Credit Cards For Travel & Rewards?
- The Best Travel Credit Cards
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, please click here.
And for rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card, click here.
- 1 Best Marriott Credit Cards
- 2 Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card – Best Overall
- 3 Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card – Premium Rewards
- 4 Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card – No Annual Fee
- 5 Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Card – 125,000 Points Bonus
- 6 Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card – 85,000 Points Bonus
- 7 Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card – Business Rewards
- 8 The Platinum Card from American Express
- 9 Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- 10 Marriott Credit Cards Signup/Welcome Bonus
- 11 Redeeming Marriott Bonvoy Points
- 12 Summary