Happy New Year! To kick off 2020 (like we kicked off 2019), we’re rounding up the top places to travel in 2020 as determined by some of today’s top travel publications. Below, you’ll see links to roundups from National Geographic, Travel + Leisure, Afar, Condé Nast Traveler, Forbes, the Los Angeles Times, Lonely Planet, and Frommers. If you have another list or simply a place you’d like to go to add, please share it in the comments! (And look out for the 2020 edition of New York Times’s annual 52 Places to Go list, debuting soon.)
- Here are the best trips to take in 2020 – National Geographic
- The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2020 – Travel + Leisure
- Where to Go in 2020 – Afar
- 20 Best Places to Go in 2020 – Condé Nast Traveler
- US Travel: 25 Best Places To Visit In 2020 – Forbes
- Ten (also great, but maybe too great) places to reconsider in 2020 – Los Angeles Times
- Best in Travel 2020 – Lonely Planet
- Frommer’s Best Places to Go in 2020 – Frommers
The safest countries for travel in 2020
Another Lonely Planet also wrote up the results of a where-to-go ranking that uses another metric: safety. See the safest countries as determined in a new report from International SOS here.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,609!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.