Did you know that tomorrow—Friday, March 15—is World Sleep Day? If you often feel tired, you’re not alone, and in fact that’s the reason this day has been created. According to the World Sleep Day website: “Time and time again, sleep medicine professionals and researchers came up against the belief that sleep was not important enough in personal health and well-being to be a priority. That coupled with society’s 24/7 flow, the founders of this awareness event aim to celebrate the importance of healthy sleep.” In the spirit of this little-known holiday, and because we all know how tough it can be to sleep in a hotel if the conditions aren’t just right, here are some tips and products to help you get better sleep in your next hotel room.
If you have your own tried-and-true methods, please make sure to share them in the comments!
- Request a room away from the elevators and ice machine
- Make sure your room isn’t a connecting room
- Don’t get a room overlooking the pool
- Don’t forget to hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your room door when you hit the hay
- Set your thermostat accordingly before you sleep (according to the National Sleep Foundation, the ideal sleeping temperature is between 60ºF and 67ºF)
Travel Products To Help You Sleep Better
Have your own tips or products?
If you have your own thoughts on how to sleep better in a hotel—your own strategies or favorite products, maybe—please share them in the comments below!