This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One of your Thanksgiving Day traditions might be browsing the sales ads to look for the best Black Friday deals. In addition to finding irresistible prices, the best credit cards for Black Friday (and Cyber Monday) will boost your spending power. Here are some of the best cards to use to help you maximize your purchases.
Best Credit Cards for Black Friday
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Here’s a quick preview, listed in no particular order, of the best credit cards for Black Friday. Hopefully, one of these cards will work for your lifestyle and spending plan.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Prime Visa
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card makes it easy to maximize daily purchases for travel rewards. Each purchase earns 2 miles per $1.
However, if you are wanting to earn a few more miles on travel, good news—earn 5x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
You can redeem your miles for travel statement credits, book upcoming travel or transfer to airlines and hotels. One additional perk is a fee credit of up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. The annual fee is $95.
Enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel, with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
The information for the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card gives you more flexibility in rewards categories than other tiered cash back cards. The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is a no-annual-fee card (See Rates & Fees) that earns:
- 5% cash back on the first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases each quarter on two categories they choose. Categories include:
- Fast food
- TV, internet, and streaming services
- Cell phone providers
- Home Utilities
- Department stores
- Electronic stores
- Sporting goods stores
- Movie theaters
- Gym/fitness centers
- Furniture Stores
- Ground Transportation
- Select clothing stores
- 5% cash back on prepaid air, hotel, and car reservations booked directly in the Rewards Center
- 2% cash back on one everyday category, like Gas Stations/EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores or Restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
To earn cash back, choose and activate the categories. Then, earn cash back with every eligible purchase. Cardholders can redeem their cash back anytime online.
New U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
Get cash back as a statement credit, a rewards card, or directly deposited into their U.S. Bank checking or savings account. Read more in our U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card review.
Citi Double Cash Card
The information for the Citi® Double Cash Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Citi® Double Cash Card is a flat-rate cash rewards card, and you get up to 2% back on purchases (1% back at the time of purchase and 1% when you make a payment). To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time. You can redeem your rewards as a cash statement credit, bank deposit, or paper check. There isn’t an annual fee, and there is no limit to how much you can earn.
Related: Citi Double Cash Review
Chase Freedom Flex
The information for the Chase Freedom Flex℠ has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a tiered cash rewards card offering up to 5% back. These purchases earn bonus cash back:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate (then 1% back)
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
New Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after they spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This card doesn’t have an annual fee, and you can redeem your rewards for award travel, cash, and gift cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
This next card is one of the best credit cards for Black Friday because of the Chase Ultimate Rewards® shopping portal. Shopping through the Ultimate Rewards digital shopping “mall” can earn bonus points (we’ve seen rewards of up to 15x points per $1 spent!).
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a favorite travel credit card as it earns some of the most valuable credit card points.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns unlimited:
- 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Anniversary Hotel Credit)
- 3x points on dining (including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out)
- 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target®, Walmart®, and wholesale clubs)
- Also 3x points on select streaming services
- 2x points on all other travel purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all non-bonus purchases
There is a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit. It comes in the form of a statement credit that will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for hotel accommodation purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards program, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $50.
Plus, on each account anniversary, you’ll earn bonus points equal to 10% of your total purchases made the previous year. So, if you spend $25,000 on purchases, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Member FDIC
The annual fee is $95.
Related: Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
Several credit cards make it possible to earn bonus rewards on Amazon purchases. One of the best options for Prime members is the Prime Visa.
Your rewards categories include:
- 5% back at Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market, and Chase Travel purchases with an eligible Prime membership
- 2% back at gas stations, restaurants, and on local transit and commuting (including rideshare)
- Everything else earns 1% back
You can redeem your rewards for Amazon shopping credit. There is no annual fee.
Get a $100 (or more) Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval with the Prime Visa exclusively for Prime members.
Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is one of the best credit cards for Black Friday purchases. Card benefits include:
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations (up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- Plus, 3% cash back on U.S. online retail purchases (up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 1% cash back on general purchases
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits. There isn’t an annual fee for this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express welcome bonus is the ability to earn a $200 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Premium travel credit cards can also be some of the best credit cards for Black Friday purchases too. The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a good option if you want purchase protection benefits, plus the opportunity to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Not as many credit cards offer purchase protection benefits as in the recent past. The Sapphire Reserve protection benefits include:
- Purchase protection for lost and stolen items for 120 days (up to $10,000 per claim)
- Return protection for 90 days (up to $500 per item and $1,000 per year)
- One additional year of extended warranty protection on warranties of 3 years or less
Be sure to read the terms and conditions to see which purchases qualify for potential claims.
Plus, earn 5x total points on flights and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You will need to have excellent credit to get this card.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
In conclusion, Black Friday is here once again, and there are many options to earn bonus points/miles on your online and in-store purchases. If you have several of these cards, you can choose which one is best for your shopping habits. Using the best credit cards for Black Friday can help you make the most out of your cards.
- Best Gas Credit Cards for Rewards, Cash Back, and Bonuses
- The Best Credit Cards for Online Shopping
- The Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
For rates and fees of the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, please click here.