This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Traveling can be a stressful experience, especially when dealing with long lines and crowded terminals at airports. However, for those who frequently travel for business or leisure, there are ways to make the airport experience more enjoyable and relaxing. One such way is through airport lounge access. They offer a variety of amenities, including comfortable seating, complimentary food and drinks, and sometimes even showers and spa services. So, what card gets airport lounge access?
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
What Card Gets Airport Lounge Access?
While lounge access was once a luxury reserved for elite travelers, it has become more accessible through various credit cards. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at credit cards that provide airport lounge access. We hope to help you determine which one might be the best fit for your travel needs.
Types of Cards
There are several types of cards that can grant access to airport lounges, including:
- Airline Lounge Memberships With Airline Cards: Many airlines offer their own lounge memberships. Memberships provide access to their own lounges and sometimes their partner lounges as well. Airline credit cards with an annual fee, including cards from Delta, American Airlines, and United, have cards with lounge access.
- Flexible Credit Cards with Lounge Access: Some premium credit cards offer complimentary access to certain airport lounges as a cardholder benefit. Examples include The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
- Priority Pass: Priority Pass is a membership program that provides access to a network of over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, regardless of airline or class of ticket. Membership can be obtained either directly or through a credit card that offers Priority Pass membership as a benefit.
- LoungeBuddy: LoungeBuddy is a mobile app that allows users to book access to airport lounges on an individual basis. Users can pay for access with a credit card. Alternatively, they can purchase access through the app with LoungeBuddy’s own currency, called “LoungeBuddy credits.”
It’s important to note that each lounge may have its own access policies and requirements. Check in advance to ensure you have the necessary credentials to access the lounge you want.
Cards That Get Airport Lounge Access
Here are several cards that come with airport lounge access.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a credit of up to $100 every four years to cover the application fee for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. This can be used to expedite the security screening process at airports. Additionally, cardholders can enjoy two complimentary visits per year to Capital One Lounges. Also, enjoy up to 100+ locations through Capital One’s partner lounge network.
TSA PreCheck and Global Entry members are often eligible for expedited security lines. This can lead to shorter wait times and more time spent in airport lounges. Read more in our Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card review.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
If you travel more frequently, The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card might be a better option. Cardholders get unlimited complimentary access for themselves and two guests to 1,300+ airport lounges. This includes Capital One Lounges and Capital One’s partner lounges. Additionally, cardholders can get a complimentary Priority Pass™ membership. A fee credit of up to $100 for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry is also included.
Venture X Cardholders earn unlimited:
- 10x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- 2x miles on all other purchases
Other Venture X Rewards Credit Card perks include a $100 experience credit and other premium benefits on every booking at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection. Additionally, they get up to $300 annual Capital One Travel credit and an annual 10,000 miles anniversary bonus.
The annual fee is $395. However, there are no foreign transaction fees, making it great for international travel.
You can compare the premium Venture X Rewards vs the Venture Rewards to see which card works better for your lifestyle.
American Express Cards
American Express offers several credit cards that provide access to airport lounges as a benefit. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- The Platinum Card from American Express: Get access to the exclusive American Express Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), Priority Pass Select lounges, and other select lounges worldwide.
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express: This card offers the same lounge access benefits as The Platinum Card, including access to American Express Centurion Lounges. Additionally, enjoy Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), Priority Pass Select lounges, and other select lounges worldwide.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: Get access to Delta Sky Club lounges when flying Delta. Plus, enjoy access to American Express Centurion Lounges and other select lounges worldwide.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: This card offers complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which provides access to a network of airport lounges worldwide.
Chase Credit Cards
Chase offers several credit cards that provide access to airport lounges as a benefit. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: This card provides access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide through Priority Pass Select. Additionally, enjoy access to airport lounges operated by Chase’s airline partners.
- United Club℠ Infinite Card: Get access to United Club airport lounges when flying on United Airlines, as well as access to participating Star Alliance airline lounges.
In conclusion, what card gets airport lounge access? It’s important to note that credit card benefits can change over time. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to check the latest information on a credit card’s benefits before applying. You may choose to go with a card that works with one brand, such as a dedicated airline card. Alternatively, a flexible rewards credit card can help you get more out of your travels.