Planning on visiting any of the U.S. National Parks in 2024? Or simply looking for a good, cheap adventure? Then take note of the six days in 2024 on which all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone. These dates are also good to know if you want to avoid the crowds. RELATED: National Park Service Launches New Mobile App
As you probably know, many of the 400+ National Parks and National Park Service sites already don’t charge a fee, so pretty much all of them will be free to visit. Here are all five of the days you can visit National Parks for free in 2024, plus more information, straight from the National Park Service:
- January 15: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 20: First day of National Park Week
- June 19: Juneteenth National Independence Day
- August 4: Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- September 28: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Mark the above dates on your calendar and see more information here.
- How to Save Money With a Secret Third Carry-On
- How to Use Your Wireless Headphones to Watch In-Flight Movies
- 10 Airport Security Hacks Every Traveler Should Know
- How to Get the Best Coach Seat on the Plane
- The Sleep Hack Every Traveler Needs to Know
- Never Get Your Valuables Stolen on the Beach
Love to save money when you travel? Sign up to Johnny Jet’s free newsletter and check out these popular posts: 10 ways to find cheap flights and 12 ways to save money on baggage fees. Follow Johnny Jet on MSN, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for all of my travel posts.