This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
With food costs rising all over the world, more households are struggling to put food on the table while hunger rates are increasing. October 16 is World Food Day, and Chase, United Airlines, and Visa have partnered together to provide hunger relief. This month, there’s a limited-time offer for United cardholders to help those in need. Here’s what you need to know.
Earn 5x United Miles on Charity Donations
During the month of October 2022, United cardholders can earn 5 miles per $1 on the first $1,000 in donations to these nonprofits fighting food insecurity:
- Feeding America
- Rise Against Hunger
- World Central Kitchen
As a result, you can earn 5,000 bonus miles per Chase United Card with this limited-time offer. All donations above the $1,000 threshold earn the base rate of 1x or 1.5x miles.
Since this offer is available to consumer and business credit cards, it’s possible to enjoy the bonus on multiple cards linked to your United MileagePlus account.
Your earned miles will deposit into your loyalty account within 6 to 8 weeks.
This bonus doesn’t require an opt-in, and you can earn more miles than the standard bonus categories. You can learn more about this initiative here.
Participating United Credit Cards
Your charitable contributions will automatically earn up to 5x miles with these personal and business co-brand airlines credit cards:
- United Gateway℠ Visa Card: $0 annual fee, 25% inflight savings, and earn up to 2x miles
- United℠ Explorer Visa Card: $0 intro annual fee and then $95, free checked bags
- United Quest℠ Visa Card: $250 annual fee, up to $125 annual United purchase credit, and other premium travel benefits
- United Club℠ Infinite Visa Card: Free United Club membership, 2 free checked bags, a $525 annual fee, and an exciting 80,000 bonus miles signup bonus
- United℠ Business Visa Card: $99 annual fee, free first checked bag, and earn up to 2x on purchases
Along with this offer, these cards are some of the best airline miles credit cards because of the multiple United cardholder benefits.
From October 1 to October 31, you can donate to three hunger relief charities. Your generosity lets you earn up to 5,000 bonus United Miles while helping reduce hunger across the United States and the world. Additionally, no opt-in is necessary, and you can start earning immediately.