This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
After much anticipation, the Capital One Lounge at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) near Washington, D.C., opens for business on September 7, 2023. The new lounge is the airport lounge network’s second active location. Additionally, this lounge features local food and beverages, intriguing architecture, and additional amenities for solo travelers and traveling families. Here is what you can expect and how you can visit this airport lounge free of charge.
Where is the Capital One Lounge at Dulles?
The Capital One IAD Lounge is beyond the TSA PreCheck locations in the East and West Security Checkpoints. Additionally, the space is 8,500 square feet with the following amenities:
- Authentically local premium food and beverages
- Full-service coffee bar
- Two semi-private open-air rooms for working
- Individual power outlets at each seat
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Parent’s room with a nursing station, changing table, and bottle warmer
- Kid-sized tables and chairs
- Four private, fully-stocked restrooms
- Filtered water system for reusable water bottles
- Secure lockers for carry-on luggage and personal items
So, you can get a grab-and-go meal if you’re here for a short visit or enjoy a locally-inspired meal and cocktail for an extended visit. Additionally, the lounge and its vendors strive to sustainably source ingredients and amenities whenever possible.
The Capital One Lounge at Dulles’ architectural design style models the mid-century modern approach from the airport’s original designer, Eero Saarinen. For instance, the artwork features the region’s contemporary artists along with images of the airport’s original control tower and terminal.
The Dulles location is the second Capital One Lounge location (the Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) lounge being the pioneer spot). Additionally, a third location will open soon in Denver.
Along with this new lounge opening, the Capital One Lifestyle Collection of curated luxury hotels now accepts bookings. It’s possible to enjoy special perks and on-site experience credits during your stay.
How to Visit the Capital One Lounge at Dulles
Select Capital One-issued credit cards offer free Capital One Lounge access. The number of complimentary visits to the Capital One Lounge at Dulles depends on the card:
- Unlimited visits for primary cardholders, authorized users, account managers, and two guests: Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Venture X Business
- Two complimentary visits per year (and then a discounted rate of $45): Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and the 2x Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- All others (Captial One cardholders and general public): $65 per visit
However, children under the age of two can visit for free with a parent or guardian. It’s possible to visit a lounge up to three hours before boarding a same-day departing or connecting flight.
In conclusion, the Capital One Lounge at Dulles is easy to reach if you’re flying from IAD or catching a connection. Additionally, Venture X and Venture Rewards cardholders can visit for free and enjoy many premium benefits. While the Capital One Lounge network is small, it is growing. This lounge network shouldn’t be overlooked if you can squeeze in a visit.