This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Contactless payments are a convenient, secure, and safe way to pay for goods and services. They are also a great way to earn rewards points. Here are a few of the best contactless credit cards that offer rewards points:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: This card offers 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on dining and drugstores, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- American Express® Blue Cash Preferred® Card: This card offers 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 3% cash back on gas and transit, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card: This card offers 10% Cash Back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024, 8% Cash Back on Capital One Entertainment purchases, 5% Cash Back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel (terms apply), 3% Cash Back on dining and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), 3% Cash Back on popular streaming services and entertainment, and 1% Cash Back on all other purchases. Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
- Citi® Double Cash Card: This card offers 2% cash back on all purchases, with 1% cash back earned when you make a purchase and 1% cash back earned when you pay your bill.
These are just a few of the many great contactless credit cards that offer rewards points. When choosing a card, be sure to compare the rewards programs and fees to find the one that best meets your needs.
In addition to offering rewards points, contactless credit cards also offer a number of other benefits, such as:
- Convenience: Contactless payments are quick and easy. You simply tap your card on the reader and you’re done.
- Security: Contactless payments are just as secure as traditional chip-and-PIN payments. Your card information is not stored on the card itself, so it cannot be skimmed or stolen.
- Peace of mind: Contactless payments can help you avoid coming into contact with heavily used machines, which can help reduce your risk of contracting germs.
If you’re looking for a convenient, secure, and rewarding way to pay for goods and services, consider adding one of the best contactless credit cards to your wallet.
While paying contactless may not be the same status symbol as metal credit cards, it’s still pretty impressive. To use this payment technology while earning the most rewards points, consider adding one of the best contactless credit cards to your wallet.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The Best Contactless Credit Cards
It’s possible you may already own one of the following contactless cards listed below. If your current card isn’t contactless but does have contactless options, the bank should replace it when your current card expires. If you can’t wait, you may request a replacement sooner as well.
Most contactless credit cards are best for earning travel rewards, but there are several cash back cards too. Fortunately, there are plenty of options that will likely be good for you, depending on your financial habits and goals.
Here are some of the best contactless credit cards to consider getting.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
All Chase Visa credit cards allow contactless payments.
The most luxurious of them is the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. If you love to travel, the Sapphire Reserve is for you. You will enjoy these travel benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass Select lounge access
- Points are worth 50% more when booking award travel
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
Cardholders can earn unlimited:
- 10x total points on hotels and car rentals purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 10x total points on Chase Dining purchases with Ultimate Rewards
- 5x total points on flights when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other travel worldwide (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other dining at restaurants, including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out
- 1x points for all remaining purchases
You will not receive rewards points on your first $300 in annual travel purchases as the annual travel statement credit reimburses these purchases.
Your points are most valuable when booking award travel and are easily worth at least 1.5 cents each. Some of the best transfer partners include Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Emirates, and the World of Hyatt.
Sapphire Reserve Bonus
The annual fee is $550 but can be offset by the many perks.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the Sapphire Reserve’s little brother. It doesn’t have premium travel benefits but you still get several trip insurance benefits and primary rental car insurance. The annual fee is also $95.
Your points are worth 25% more when booking award travel and you can also transfer them to Chase travel partners on a 1:1 basis.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns unlimited:
- 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Anniversary Hotel Credit)
- 3x points on dining (including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out)
- 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target®, Walmart®, and wholesale clubs)
- Also 3x points on select streaming services
- 2x points on all other travel purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all non-bonus purchases
There is a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit. It comes in the form of a statement credit that will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for hotel accommodation purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards program, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $50.
Plus, on each account anniversary, you’ll earn bonus points equal to 10% of your total purchases made the previous year. So, if you spend $25,000 on purchases, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
Sapphire Preferred Bonus
The annual fee is $95. There are no foreign transaction fees.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Member FDIC
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is one of the best cards for earning travel miles. You earn unlimited 2x miles for every $1 spent regardless of the purchase category. Additionally, earn 5x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
Your Venture miles are redeemable for travel statement credits, future travel, and transfers to airline partners.
Capital One also credits your application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. You can learn more about this fee credit and other Venture Rewards benefits through the in-depth Capital One Venture Card Review.
Enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel, with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
Like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, the Venture Rewards annual fee is $95 and there are no foreign transaction fees. Read our Capital One Venture vs Chase Sapphire Preferred comparison to learn which option might be the better choice for you.
The Platinum Card from American Express
The Platinum Card® from American Express is another top contender for the best contactless credit card for premium travel rewards. It’s an awesome option for frequent flyers for these reasons:
- 1:1 airline and hotel points transfers
- Global Lounge Collection access (Centurion, Priority Pass (enrollment required), Delta Sky Club, and others!)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
There are many other little-known Platinum Card benefits you may enjoy. Your points are most valuable when booking award flights. Some of the best airline transfer partners are Delta, British Airways, and Emirates.
Cardholders earn 5x Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, and earn 5x Membership Rewards® points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
Cardholders can get up to $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when they pay with the Platinum Card®. The Hotel Collection requires a minimum two-night stay.
Also, select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Card.
Plus, American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
Other Platinum Card from American Express Benefits
There’s also a digital entertainment credit, making this card one of the best for streaming services. Cardholders can get up to $20 in statement credits each month when they pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
In addition to enjoying TSA PreCheck or Global Entry access, cardholders can also enjoy CLEAR perks. Breeze through security with CLEAR Plus at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues nationwide and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your Membership (subject to auto-renewal) when you use your Platinum Card®.
Another exciting benefit is the ability for cardholders to get up to $300 back each year in the form of statement credits on an Equinox+ subscription or any Equinox club membership when they pay with their Platinum Card. Enrollment required.
Plus, get a $155 Walmart+ credit, which covers the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. The cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review.
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
Welcome Bonus Offer
New The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers can earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $8,000 on purchases on their new Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership.
American Express Gold Card
Look at the American Express® Gold Card to maximize lifestyle purchases.
The American Express Gold Card earns 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earns 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X). Plus, earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
You can book award flights through AmexTravel or transfer them to the 1:1 Membership Rewards transfer partners with the American Express Gold Card.
Another perk is the ability to earn up to $10 in statement credits on a monthly basis when you use your Gold Card to pay at the following dining establishments (enrollment is required):
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Milk Bar
- Shake Shack (only at participating locations)
This perk can save you up to $120 annually.
The annual fee is $250, and there are no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
New American Express® Gold Card cardholders can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 6 months.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card is the most benefit-packed Southwest credit card. Cardholders earn unlimited:
- 3x points on Southwest® purchases
- 2x points on local transit and commuting, including rideshares
- 2x points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming purchases
New Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Priority card travel perks include a $75 Southwest annual travel credit, up to 4 Upgraded Bookings per year, and 7,500-anniversary points. Additionally, get 25% back on inflight purchases. It is also one of the best Southwest credit cards available.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
If you prefer earning cash rewards, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card earns an unlimited 1.5% back. However, earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. There is no annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
New cardholders can earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
Chase Freedom Flex
The information for the Chase Freedom Flex℠ has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ earns up to 5% back on the first $1,500 spent on quarterly rotating bonus purchases that you activate. The Chase Freedom Flex bonus categories include:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate (then 1% back)
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
Your points are redeemable for cash, travel, and gift cards.
You can even pool your points with some of the other best Chase credit cards that earn Ultimate Rewards points to boost their value. This card doesn’t have an annual fee.
New Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after they spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Related article: Read our Chase Freedom Flex review to see how your points can be worth 50% more.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is one of the best contactless credit cards for business purchases. You earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points on the first $150,000 combined purchases for travel, shipping, online advertising, office supply stores, and Internet, phone, and cable service.
Your points are worth 25% more when redeemed for award travel instead of cash rewards. You can also transfer them to the 1:1 Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partners.
The Ink Business Preferred also has one of the best credit card sign-up bonuses and one of the largest Ultimate Rewards signup bonuses.
New Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card cardholders can earn 100k bonus points after spending $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The annual fee is $95, and there is no foreign transaction fee.
Summary of Best Contactless Credit Cards
Chase has the most contactless credit cards, but most major banks have several to offer. More retailers are accepting contactless payments. Getting your card now means you are prepared for this growing trend. Hopefully, you will have no problem finding your favorite card to earn the most valuable rewards.
- Cash Back vs Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for International Travel
- The Best Credit Cards for Everyday Spending (Groceries, Gas, and More)
For rates and fees of The American Express® Gold Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.