JohnnyJet.com has been in Japan several times in the past few months (see our stories at the bottom). Japan is an incredible travel destination, with amazing food, beautiful nature and architecture, clean and efficient transportation systems, and more, but as a foreign place it still presents its share of challenges to visitors. That’s where the Japan Official Travel App can help.
The app—free for iOS and Android—has been jam-packed by the JNTO with a wealth of information and tools to help travelers to Japan find their way. Among the features:
- An in-app transit tool that lets you map out how to get around
- Location-sensitive maps that find the nearest Wi-Fi, ATMs, places to store bags, hospitals, train stations, and more
- Details on discount transit passes
- Hubs for disaster information (just in case) and where to find your embassy
- Long write-ups on Japanese etiquette and customs (like over-the-counter medicine)
- Articles and lists on things to do, eat, etc.
- An offline feature that lets you save items for unconnected access
The interface is occasionally a little much, but the sheer quantity of information available makes the app worth a look (maybe on the plane to Japan!).
Recent Japan stories:
- 10 Things to Do in Japan’s Chubu Region
- 10 Things to Do in Tokushima, Japan
- One Day in Tokyo, Japan
- My Quick Trip to Tokyo
Does not show in Travel or search or link…