Passports-610x457New Rule for Canadians with Dual Citizenship
According to the Toronto Star, starting on September 30, Canadians with dual citizenship must use their Canadian passport to travel back to Canada by air. This new air-travel rule is no doubt going to catch many Canadian dual citizens by surprise and by some, it’s being called a government cash grab. The article goes on to state that, “currently, Canadian citizens with dual citizenships can use the passport of the other country to enter Canada by air if they can provide proofs of residency in Canada, such as a driver’s licence and Canadian citizenship card.”

This may only affect a small number of Canadians—2.9% according to the 2011 Census—but if you’re one of them or have friends, family or colleagues who this applies to, hopefully you/they won’t be caught off-guard. To learn more, check out the article from the Toronto Star.

FYI: The photo above is from 10 Passport Tips that Will Save You Time, Money and Headaches.



Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 749!

Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.

If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!





2 Comments On "Travel Tip of the Day: New Rule for Canadians with Dual Citizenship"
  1. Doug|

    What if you have a Nexus card?

    1. Johnny Jet|

      I don’t think that matters but I would call them to make sure.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *