Lonely Planet’s “Ultimate Eats” is a collection of the planet’s 500 most thrilling and famous culinary experiences. Each entry in the list details an experience, the culture behind it, and what makes it so special. It also includes favorite food experiences as nominated by 20 of the world’s top chefs and food writers—from José Andrés to Andrew Zimmern. Here are the top 10 ranked experiences:
- Pintxos in San Sebastián, Spain
- Curry laksa in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sushi in Tokyo, Japan
- Beef brisket in Texas, USA
- Som tum in Bangkok, Thailand
- Smørrebrød in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Crayfish in Kaikoura, New Zealand
- Bibimbap in Seoul, South Korea
- Pizza margherita in Naples, Italy
- Dim sum in Hong Kong
The hardcover book comes out on August 21 (you can currently pre-order) and costs $29.99.
Grab it: Grab (pre-order before August 21) Lonely Planet’s “Ultimate Eats” on Amazon from $29.99.