When I travel, I usually use Blacklane to get and from airports and between planned points (full disclosure: I’m a Blacklane brand ambassadors). The thing is, though, that Blacklane cars need to be booked at least one hour in advance. When I have last-minute trips or I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to leave, I have to look elsewhere, and that usually means Uber, Lyft or a local taxi. But when you need a taxi, who the heck wants to look up a phone number and then get on the line and order one? No one in this day and age. This is especially true when you’re traveling internationally and there’s a language barrier.
The mytaxi app (available for free on both Android and iOS) is another way to find a ride in Europe with a few taps of your phone. In fact, it bills itself as the world’s biggest taxi app, with more than 45,000 taxis available for booking in nine countries and ~100 European cities, including:
- Austria: Salzburg, Vienna
- Germany: Aachen, Augsburg, Berlin, Bochum, Bonn, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Essen, Erlangen, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Hanover, Ingolstadt, Leipzig, Lübeck, Mannheim, Munich, Mülheim a.d.R., Nuremberg, Offenbach, Potsdam, Stuttgart, Westerland (Sylt), Wiesbaden
- Ireland: Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford
- Italy: Milan, Rome, Turin
- Poland: Katowice/Silesian Agglomeration, Krakow, Poznan, Tricity (Gdansk/Sopot/Gdynia), Warsaw, Wrocław
- Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia
- Sweden: Stockholm
- UK: Brighton, Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Nottingham, Oxford
With mytaxi, you can order the next licensed taxi near you, track your driver’s arrival, and pay your fare through the app, so it’s a lot like Uber’s app. The mytaxi app also allows you to book a ride in Europe up to four days in advance. You can request a larger car by choosing TAXI XL and even order a wheelchair-friendly vehicle.
I haven’t used it yet but there are more than 10 million users and the ratings and reviews are mostly positive. Have you used mytaxi? What was your experience?