Photo credit: Lynn Gaylord
For people who are traveling I assembled a post (What To Do: Weather Delays and Flight Cancellations) and this resource page with the latest information to help make your travels go smoother.
AIRPORT NEWS / HEADLINES
- Q&A: How airlines prepare for big storms
- More than 900,000 people lost power during the blizzard.
- FAA: Flight Delay Information – Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Here’s a map of the @CTLightandPower outages
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES FOR WINTER STORM NEMO
Air Canada | Air Tran| Alaska | American Airlines| British Airways | Delta | Frontier | Hawaiian | JetBlue | Southwest | Spirit | Sun Country| United | US Airways | Virgin America | WestJet | Every Airline Website and Phone Number
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Here’s where you can find some of the best, most up-to-date information to answer questions about travel plans:
Live Airline Twitter Feed | Every Airline and Travel Resource on Twitter | @AmericanAir | @Delta| @Expedia |@JetBlue | @Southwestair | @Spiritairlines | @United
@USAirways |@VirginAmerica | @PANYNJ | @RedCross | @FEMA
For questions about ground transportation following Hurricane Sandy, check out these links:
Amtrak | Greyhound
Advertisement: Best Travel Credit Cards.
GOOD TO KNOW
Got questions about traveling, hotels, car rentals and flights? These links will point you in the right direction:
- Weather Maps for Travelers
- Flight Trackers | Flight Aware
- Every Hotel, Car Rental and Cruise Line Website and Phone #
- This is what the massive storm looks like from space
Times Square | NYC Street Cams | Connecticut Road Cams | Boston Beach Cam
ABC | CNN | FOX | NBC | PBS | NPR |USA Today | NY Times | Washington Post | WSJ
NEED TRAVEL ASSISTANCE?
If you need travel assistance, this is one of my favorite resources:
Cranky Concierge Air Travel Assistance