We are all deeply disturbed, saddened and puzzled about what happened to Malaysia Airlines MH17, en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. Below I have compiled a resource page to help you stay updated on the story.
TOP #MH17 STORIES
- AP: A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17’s victims
- Malaysia Airlines: The Official Flight Manifest For MH17
- CBS: Malaysia Airlines Flight 17: Portraits emerge of crash victims
- @Mashable: Malaysia Airlines crash, 21 of the world’s most powerful front pages.
- @NBCNews: Australian woman loses family in two different Malaysian Air disasters (#MH370 and #MH17)
- TravelMole: Malaysia Airlines defends decision to fly over war zone
- @nypost: Netherlands a nation in mourning as 154 citizens die aboard flight MH17
- @guardian: The inevitable question: Can Malaysia Airlines survive?
- @MailOnline: Scenes reminiscent of MH370 disaster as distraught MH17 relatives gather at airports to learn the fate of their missing loved ones
- @Buzzfeed: A Flight MH17 Passenger Instagrammed Takeoff, Writing “In The Name Of God Feeling A Little Bit Nervous”
- WSJ: U.S. intelligence agencies have determined the plane was hit by a surface-to-air missile but are split on where it came from, Russia or Ukraine, according to American officials.
- @cnnbrk: Malaysian Prime Minister says #MH17 never made distress call.
- RT.com: Malaysia Airlines MH17 plane crash in Ukraine LIVE UPDATES
- @jonostrower: LATEST: Malaysia Airlines Plane Was Hit by Surface-to-Air Missile, U.S. Officials Say
- @globeandmail: Interactive Map: Path of Malaysian flight #MH17
- Epoch Times: Nationalities on board #MH17
- @nytimesworld: Malaysia Airlines Plane Leaves Trail of Debri
- CNNTravel: Malaysia Airlines crash prompts flight detours
- RT.com: Reports that Putin flew similar route as MH17, presidential airport says ‘hasn’t overflown Ukraine for long time’
- BBCBreaking: Malaysian prime minister says “This is a tragic day in what has been a tragic year…we are united in grief”
GOOD TO KNOW
- CBS: How MH17 Will Affect Long Haul International Travel
- CBS: How the MH17 Crash Is Changing International Travel
- Flightradar24: Current airspace over the Ukraine
- AP: Airlines symbolize nations’ hopes or reflect shame
- @AirlineFlyer: Location of #MH17’s emergency locator beacon
- Time: MH17 Ukraine Crash: Protecting Airliners from Missile Attacks
- @OneMileataTime: MH17 Hits Close To Home For Me Today
- KimKomando: Why don’t commercial airliners have anti-missile technology?
ABC | BBC | CCTV | CNN | FOX | IHT | NBC | PBS | NPR |USA Today | Malaysia’s The Star | NY Times | Russia Today | Washington Post | WSJ
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
- @MAS (Malaysia Airlines)
JOHNNY JET’S MALAYSIA AIRLINES TRIP REPORTS
- Stockholm, Sweden to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines 777
- VIDEO: Stockholm, Sweden to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines 777
- Kuala Lumpur to Taipei on Malaysia Airlines 747
- Taipei to Los Angeles on Malaysia Airlines 747
- VIDEO: My first trip around the world with two thirds being on Malaysia Airlines
Last updated: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 3:01pm EST
MH17 – SACRIFICED AIRLINER » COUNTERPUNCH: TELLS THE FACTS
“Most of the Southeast Asian countries are
historically client states of the ‘West’, [read,
you-know-whose Oriental gutter] with hardly
any independent, non-corporate media.
Indonesia has been exactly that since the 1965
‘events’. Malaysia, pushing for an independent
course under Dr Mahathir’s rule, is presently
being lured by the US [you-know-who], which
is trying to establish military bases there, or to
at least gain access to existing Malaysian ones.
Suddenly, a great amount of US funding has been
unleashed, to win over Malaysian intellectuals,
some of the most shamefully subservient in the
region. Several have already began departing
for ‘conferences’, ‘cultural exchanges’ and
‘writer’s retreats’, to destinations all over
the United States, all expenses paid.”