This week’s ground transportation news:
- Uber will require all drivers and riders to wear masks starting Monday May 18 — and is using AI to enforce the rules.
- NYC MTA adds social distancing markers, floats idea of bus, subway reservations
- For the first time in 20 years, AAA will not issue a Memorial Day travel forecast – which estimates the number of people traveling over the holiday weekend.
- Rental Giant Hertz Could Be in Bankruptcy in Weeks, Destroying What’s Left of the Used Car Market
- Get Ready for the Summer of the RV: “The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has warned that ‘Traveling by RV means you may have to stop less often for food or bathrooms, but RV travelers typically have to stop at RV parks overnight and other public places to get gas and supplies. These stops may put you and those with you in the RV in close contact with others who could be infected.’ Nonetheless, it’s far less of a risk than traveling by plane, train, cruise or automobile.”